Greenpower Driving Simulator
The idea is to produce a Greenpower Driving simulator to help new team members learn to drive a Greenpower car in a race.
The unit will have a car like box that the driver can sit in, joystick controls like Rotary Racer 9 and a simple software simulation of the car racing around a track with Greenpower car like physics.
For a video of the driving simulator, go to First Go in the Driving Simulator
Hi there, Tristan here!
So, we have progressed a lot with the simulator; we have got a basic simulator at the moment inside a 'lil box... not much a simulator at the momment, but here's what has been completed:
- A 'Greenpower Test Track' has been added so it can be selected
- Cars have been added including previous Rotary Racer cars and lots of other cars - stay tuned here for more info!
- We have acheived a wooden box that can hold up to 3 monitors.
- We have an old pc case... with modern parts inside!
- We are using the open source Speed Dreams 2 software on the Linux OS.
That's All Folks! Check back next week to get an update!
--Tristan (Part of the GP Sim Team!)